Dr. Jay Allen is a seasoned Corporate Safety Executive with 20+ years of operational leadership and policy experience in the transportation, retail and logistics spheres. His research practices have a history of in-depth analysis regarding organizational structures and continuously contribute to company growth and cultural components. These analyses can reinvigorate service efficiency as well as create process automation and implementing best practices, so the integrity of the system is continuously strengthened. Dr. Allen is the Creator and Chief Safety Officer of Safety FM, an organization that is changing the way people look at safety one broadcast and one podcast at time.
His professional focal points include Fundamentals Training, Learning Team Simulation and Coaching, Logistics Service Strategy, Management Development, Personnel Training Strategy, Process Automation, Employee Retention, Emergency Planning, Technology Solutions, Cross-Functional Team Leadership, Performance Assessment, Client Relationship Management, and Project Management.
He is considered an expert in the below protocols with experience in Communication, Transportation, and Industrial Organizational Psychology.
- Risk Management
- Performance Improvement
- Motivation and Inspirational Speaking
- Master of Ceremonies / Emcee
Simple Revolutionary Acts– is a conversation/resource to anyone who feels some of the passion has gone away from work. Why accept the fact that you work in a less than satisfying way? Change your workplace. Why not lead a revolution? Every good workplace revolution needs a list of ideas to begin to re-energizing the core of workplace happiness and satisfaction. This conversation will provide you with that list.
Safety Communications Differently – is a conversation on what a lousy job we do with communicating about safety. We take the journey of what has worked and what has failed in our communication over the years. Dr. Jay Allen will discuss what technics successful organizations are using and how you can change your communication to be more effective. Safety Communication Differently is the approach you have been looking for and never knew it was missing until Now!
Presentation Description & Topics
NEW WORLD, SAME OLD SAFETY
- The worker is the solution, not the problem
- The core component for this training focuses on clarifying and reiterating the fact that workers are not creating
safety problems within the system.
- The worker is typically the solution to the problem and solutions can be found using learning team environments and allowing open levels of transparent communication.
- This is the initial fundamental that must be understood before progressing through the following phases that are expected or true organizational transformation.
DUALITY OF SAFETY
- Discussion about the contrast of two concepts revolving around Safety and Operations
- This discussion outlines the conflict that exists between operational and safety strategies.
- The core principles of
operational strategies are created around revenue producing opportunities which often time lie in contradictory
juxtapositions with core safety principles.
- Focusing the conversation on position anomalies that align in both spheres highlights the weaknesses and conflicting topics that face workers in these environments.
HUMAN AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE
- This dialogue examines the definition, core parameters, and framework of Human Organizational Performance.
- What is HOP and what positive change can it bring to an organization.
- This outline includes how a collective
mindset shift can be implemented to create a complete organizational transformation and build a resilient
system that can handle failures gracefully.
- The biological definition for culture is “the growing of microorganisms, tissue cells, or other living matter in a
specially prepared nutrient medium where they are able to proliferate readily.”
- We don’t want safety to be a
microorganism that works in a perfectly prepared environment that is measurable or quantifiable! So how do
we make sure we are making an impact and truly changing the environments we are working in so that safety
can proliferate outside of a prepared environment?
- We work on shifting the mindset by initially focusing on
shifting the understanding of what safety is and then work on adjusting the narrative of the industry or
SIMPLE REVOLUTIONARY ACTS
- A conversation/resource to anyone who feels some of the passion has gone away from work.
- Why accept the fact that you work in a less than satisfying way?
- Change your workplace.
- Why not lead a revolution? Every good workplace revolution needs a list of ideas to begin re-energizing the core of workplace happiness and satisfaction. This conversation will provide you with that list.
SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS DIFFERENTLY
- A conversation on what a lousy job we do communicating about safety.
- We take the journey of what has worked and what has failed in our communication over the years.
- Allen will discuss what techniques successful organizations are using and how you can change your communication to be more effective.
- Safety Communication Differently is the approach you have been looking and never knew was missing until now!
PANEL HOSTING, RADIO STREAMING, AND PODCAST
- Jay Allen and the Safety FM team, can host your next event including but not limited to discussion panels, stream your event live on the Safety FM Network or record it to a podcast for your organization. The possibilities are endless.
Hear what others have to say
“Bringing Dr. Jay Allen, or Jay, to our company for a speaking engagement was one of the best things that happened to our company culture. We have worked with other speakers and consultants in the past, but none of them were able to create changes, and most importantly, connect with all levels of workers, from executives to warehouse employees, the way Jay did. During Dr. Allen’s speech, it was amazing to see people light up, become engaged, and feel empowered with a sense of direction, walking away from the event with a knowing that we, as a team, are ready and capable to improve the processes, operations, and safety. Jay brought a lot of elements into his speech, giving the audience something to laugh about, something to think about, and something to be shaken up about. He is extremely approachable on and off stage, direct, and incredibly efficient. I would highly recommend Dr. Jay Allen for any events to motivate, inspire or to ignite change in an organization.” – A.V., COMPANY CONTROLLER, FATH INC
“The Safety FM Roadshow was a hit at our event, Jay’s engaging questions changed our typical boring conference an entertaining time” -Fortune 500 Company
“Never thought safety could be so entertaining and applied to so many other things” -A.T. – Keolis
“You will look at Safety Differently after speaking with the doctor” -S.S. – Transdev